Thursday, March 14, 2013

To Dana...

My dear friend Dana from Colorado asked me if I even go to class here since I've been writing all these things about traveling, so I decided to tell you all that yes, I do go to class thank you.
 *Attention*- there will not be many pictures so I'm sorry if it's not entertaining

First off, let me lay out my schedule for the week:
Monday: Psychology 9-11:30
               Marketing 12-2:20
               Italian 4:30- 5:45
               Macroeconomics 6-7:15

Tuesday: Italian 4:30- 5:45

Wednesday: Trends in Italian Cuisine 9- 11:30
                     Italian 4:30- 5:45
                     Macroeconomics 6- 7:15

Thursday: Italian 4:30- 5:45

So it's a busy week! Monday is definitely a struggle, but it's nice to get the hardest day out of the way quickly.

My favorite class is probably my cooking class. I know, big surprise there, but it's fantastic! For the first hour we have a lecture on some part of the history of Italian food, which is always very interesting. [I'll regale you with those facts when I write my food post :D, they're very interesting]. Then our teacher quickly tells us everything we need to do to make the dishes for that day. After that we set off to work! It's been so fun being able to cook all these fantastic foods, but also to learn about it! Now a big part of the class our teacher told us the first day, is to be able to decorate the food using the ingredients within. So she will decorate one or two plates to show us how it's done, then we can either follow suit, or just eat. It's so fun!

I also really like my marketing class (which is good since that is now my major)! It's basically just lecture the whole time (with a break thank goodness), but every class has some of activity involved. Sometimes its reading  case study from our book and talking about the different marketing aspects of it, or doing a group activity like coming up with a new brand of shampoo. I really like it because we kinda get to play the role of marketers and plan something up and analyze a company. Also throughout the semester we have been working in groups on starting our own company. Every once in a while our teacher will give us an assignment we have to complete to add to the overall bunch of things we need to do for the company. It's been fun!! And every monday a few students at a time have to give a presentation about an article our teacher gives us the week before. I went this week with a kid from my class (we worked together).

My Italian class is really fun too- it's a 6 credit course of Intermediate Italian 1 and 2, that's why we have it every day. There are only 9 of us, so it's a really fun class. We only speak Italian, which is nice because it makes us practice, and I feel like I'm understanding it so much better! Even though I've already taken intermediate 1, it's nice to have a review and our teacher also explains it really well, so I think I understand it a lot more. Yay italy!

My psychology and macroeconomics classes are….eh. It's hard to concentrate in them just because the teachers both (wow I just realized how similar they are) ramble on and get off topic very often. It's hard to stay focused. But I must be doing something right because I got an A- on my first economics test! woot woot!!

So those are my classes! for each one that is one day a week we get to miss 2 before our grade starts going down, and for my italian class I can miss 3. The school is actually very strict about attendance and everything. But I'm proud to say I have not missed one class!

That's really all I have to say without rambling and giving pointless information about things you won't care about. I have midterms this upcoming week which I have to say I'm kind of nervous about, but I have the whole weekend to study, so I think I'll be ok.
Nevertheless, wish me luck!


3 comments:

  1. Aww. You wrote a blog post just for me! :)
    I'm so touched.

    Yeah. That Monday sounds absolutely terrible... I guess it's good to get it out of the way, but with your weekend travels, it seems like a drag to come back to.
    At least you enjoy it.

    It's also weird that your Thursday class is so late...

    I'm proud of your perfect attendance!
    Dude. My econ class is terrible too... so boring. I struggle to stay awake.
    You should be used to rambling teachers (Galmish, Havey, etc). ;)

    I can't wait til you come back and cook for me! ahahaha (as usual)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah but they're even worse! like the first day of econ, my teacher spend the entire hour and 15 going over 5 of the 10 principles of microeconomics! he would ask us what a word means, and with ever person's answer, he'd say "thats close" or "thats a part of it" or "thats the second part". just tell us!

      Delete
  2. I hate when teachers make you use that "discovery" method crap.
    I'd learn so much better if you just told me... not me trying to guess.
    #Ihatecollege

    ReplyDelete